View Larger Map
From New Hampshire Interstate 93:
- Take Interstate 93 to Exit 26, this will put you on Route 25 West.
- Follow Route 25 West for about 3 miles to the traffic circle. You will pass Dunkin Donuts, Hannaford’s, Burger King, and finally Walmart on your left.
- Bear to the right at the traffic circle. This is still Route 25 West. Continue past Polar Caves Park and Plain Jane’s Diner.
- At the second set of flashing lights, turn right onto Main Street of Rumney, NH. You’ll immediately pass the Rumney Rocks restaurant on your left.
- Main Street becomes Stinson Lake Road. Follow the road up the mountain for about 7 miles.
- You’ll come to a place where there are two signs on the Right “Hawthorne Village” to “Doetown Road” & “Stinson Lake Association”. Turn right at these signs. You will now be on Cross Road. Please note that cell and GPS service does not work from this point on!
- The road becomes dirt. Stay to the right at the fork where “Camp Road” sign is. This is still Cross Road.
- Follow Cross Road to the end. A “Stinson Mt. Trail” sign will be in front of you. Turn left at this sign. You will now be on Doetown Road, which goes around to the back of Stinson Lake.
- Follow Doetown Road for 2+ miles. On the right will be our large sign “Salem Children’s Village and the Hunter School”. Turn right into our driveway, it’s a very steep hill.
- You’ll see the white Hunter School building on the left.
To see the route on Google Maps, click here.